Optimized IT comes from structure, not shopping.
The Three-Point IT Evaluation is our tool to make your IT work better.
True improvement cannot come from mere hardware and software purchases. A systematic IT evaluation methodology based on strategic decisions, and implemented through top-to-bottom commitment, is necessary to make positive change.
This starts with The Three-Point IT Evaluation™, our essential technology assessment process … the “IT foundation” on which we build the strategies which provide the best ROI on your technology investments moving forward. This proprietary evaluation methodology compares the business strategy against the current state of IT, focusing on People, Process and Technology:
- People — Evaluating IT capabilities of staff and IT service providers and vendors. This includes interviews with the executive team, staff, vendors and other technology providers.
- Process — Reviewing current IT policies and procedures to identify missing elements based on company size, structure and requirements.
- Technology — Assessing current network and server architecture, existing applications in use, phone systems and telecommunications, etc.
OPT Solutions’ IT Evaluation optimizes by driving to results.
The Three-Point IT Evaluation is the key to a detailed understanding of the role IT is currently playing, and the role IT has the potential to play in the profitable operation and growth of the business. In healthcare and non-profit organizations, the focus may be on increasing efficiency and access to information.
Companies often don’t fully grasp the technical and functional capabilities of applications they already own; our IT assessment helps clarify the potential for such applications to support improved business capabilities such as business intelligence analytics and reporting.
At the same time, the Evaluation also provides a comprehensive, high-level risk assessment of the potential risks associated with the technology in play — legal, regulatory, organizational and operational. We report the potential downsides as well as upsides to provide the clearest possible “snapshot” moving forward.
IT Evaluation results include:
- Recommendations on technology to support the organization’s strategy, taking into consideration the application and infrastructure investments already in place.
- Review of overlapping investments and identification of any redundancies.
- Recommendations on IT best practices, policies and procedures, which may include IT governance and prioritization, security issues and purchasing procedures.
- Identification of risks and cost-savings opportunities.
- Investment recommendations, with prioritization where feasible.
- Assessment of technology capabilities in preparation for sale of the business.